Source : http://nirankar.com.au/
- 2 cups
Chicken pieces - 3/4 kg.
- 3 large, sliced
Yoghurt - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder (roasted) - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Saffron - a pinch
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Green coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
Water - 3 1/2 cups
Oil - 7 tbsp
Salt as required
1. Make a mixture with tomato puree, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Take the and marinade it in the same mixture. Let it rest for 3-4 hours.
3. Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown.
4. Now, to this add the marinated chicken and cook the entire mixture for 10 mins.
5. Next in a pressure cooker, take the rice and add 3 1/2 cups of water to it. Also, take the saffron, mix with the milk and add to the rice.
6. Finally, add the cardamom powder and the chicken pieces, along with the marinade.
7. Mix all the ingredients gently, cover with the cooker lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.
Read more: Indian Restaurant in Melbourne